Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hi, my name is Lesley...

Well, we've decided that we should probably introduce ourselves to the blogging world, as it will most likely be turned upside down by our incredibly intelligent, mind-blowing posts. Since it was a little bit of my idea to drag ourselves into this, I'll go first!

I'm Lesley. 24 yrs old in 5 days! College graduate. Native Texan! Avid reader. Creativity thriver. I've been calling this place in Colorado home for the past 6 or so summers. My job here in this kitchen is specifically titled "Dining Hall Discipleship Leader and Trip Packer Director." This means that I am basically in charge of an entire kitchen and everything that goes along with that. I have 11 incredible college age girls who I call my "kitchies." Everyday we serve 230 kids and staff 3-5 meals a day. We serve food, get refills, make fantastic juices, wash dishes, we sweep, mop, do laundry, clean, clean, clean, etc. We also get to pack lunches for all of our day trips that leave camp to go rock climbing, kayaking, mountain biking, rafting, etc. All in all we spend about 9-10 hours a day serving an awesome God by serving this camp...and we LOVE IT! Mostly because we get to spend those 9-10 hours with our best friends belting out show tunes and praise songs and having lots of fun telling stories and playing jokes on each other! We also do bible study and every other day or so, we do what we like to call kitchie-bonding. We ride bikes, go to the lake, tube the river, make milkshakes; mostly fun things to take a break from the kitchen and hang out together...yes more fellowship! Just sharing in life!

So that's my job in a nutshell. Sometime we'll actually let you know how many Pb&j we make each week, or how many cups and plates get washed each day. Many many more stories and posts to come on the life of a camp kitchie!

No comments:

Post a Comment